Friday 16 January 2009

Even though I've decided on the storyline of my film and what is being shown in the intro, I'm still not quite sure how to film it, or what techniques to use once it's filmed and needs to be edited. I watched a couple of film introductions yesterday for inspiration, one of them being Apocolypse Now. I loved the intro to this film, the calm music contrasted really well with the dramatic images, like the forest of palm trees which suddenly burst into flames. I also like the way the director portrays the man in the introduction to show that something's not right, just by the look in his eyes and the way he's staring up at a fan on the ceiling which is making a louder noise than those fans normally make, which could show that he's going mad and this sound (similar to the sound from a helicopter) is all he can hear..? The gun on his bed and photos on his desk show he's probably at war.. I can't really explain this properly without a clip of this amazing introduction so I found one on youtube... I think the introduction kind of finishes at around 2 minutes after the first part of the music stops and he starts talking, because what he's saying makes the first part of the intro make sense and he explains what's going on. 


No comments: