Friday 12 September 2008

I watched the film Seven and liked some of the camera angles and settings used in it. I also liked the intro because it gave hints about the film without giving away the whole plot, which is what I want to do in my intro.
My film is going to be a psychological thriller because the main character's mental state is going to be emphasized slightly more than the plot. 
The opening sequence for Seven


Wikipedia definition of a Psychological Thriller:
"Psychological thriller is a specific sub-genre of the wide-ranging thriller genre. However, this genre often incorporates elements from the mystery genre in addition to the typical traits of the thriller genre.
Generally, thrillers focus on plot over fictional characters, and thus emphasize intense, physical action over the character's psyche. Psychological thrillers tend to reverse this formula to a certain degree, emphasizing the characters just as much, if not more so, than the plot."

No comments: